Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 5

I left mile 68 full with water.  Way too much water.  It was all downhill until I hit highway 78 and scissors crossing. 
This stretch was tedious.  Once I hit flat ground, it was a three mile flat stretch until I hit the highway.  I took a dump in the desert on that stretch.  Once I was about to hit 78 a van pulled up and dropped off two hikers.  Then neared man named Ed offered me a ride to Jullian, a small town 12 miles away.



I took him up on his offer and my first ever "hitch".

While in Jullian, I resupplied, got an amazing burrito, water, sent some mail, then hitched back to 78 with Ed; a foul mouthed old man.  He was awesome.


I waited under the bridge with other hikers for some cooler weather.  At four I went on my way and made it to mile 80. 


No comments:

Post a Comment