Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 3

The desert is quite cold in the morning and evening.  The temperatures are close to freezing on some nights.  This makes it great for a good early start, a break mid day, then a nice few miles in the evening.  

I spent most of the morning, hiking alone.  Then I managed to make it to Mt. Laguna with a group of hikers.  There we had lunch.  It was my first hot meal since the day before I left.  I never thought a bowl of chilling would taste so good.

After lunch, I stopped off at the local store.  The prices are gouged so I didn't buy much. 

I hiked with Tennessee and a fellow from Puerto Rico.  Then we saw this.


It was the first time I had a breathtaking view on the trail.  We stayed at the Mt. Laguna camp grounds where I had my first shower.  A four minute shower never felt so good.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment