Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day 10

After yesterday's fiasco of horrible weather, today was looking up.  I had clouds all day with occasional sun breaks.  I started hiking around 7:30 which is pretty late.  Most of the hills I had today were fairly mild.  The big issue was my feet.  Yesterday's 22 miles of torture resulted in my feet having much more pain than they were used to. I had a slow start.  

I made it past the 150 mile marker after noon.  Then I made my way to Paradise Valley Cafe for lunch.  Many of the people  I've been hiking on and off with were there.  I had a wonderful burger and after an hour hit the trail.  I went with Squirrel, the same guy who I hiked with over the mountains yesterday.



We got a quick hitch a mile down the road.  Now we're about three miles up the trail, somewhere at 154 or so.  Tomorrow is going to be a rough day but the weather should be fair.


Outside of the day to day mileage I'm doing good.  I smell so nasty.  Besides the slight pain in my feet, I might have a rash on them.  I washed my socks again, so I'll see if tomorrow that helps.  

Mentally, I'm doing good.  Its crazy to think how into this trail you have to be to stay on.  I have so many daily chores and routines I have to do.  Those come in between the ten hours I have to hike everyday.  I've never been this constantly involved in something.  Here it's 8pm and that's very late.  Time to get rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment