Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Less than twelve hours...

My sister and I made it from Bakersfield to Santee (a suburb of San Diego) today. The trip from north of Sacramento to Bakersfield went with little issues.  Once in Bakersfield, we got some In AND Out. 

 
Animal Style.  

We switched and I had the luxury of driving over the grapevine and through LA.  


It was the worst and I never want to experience driving there ever again.  

Before making it to San Diego, we made a few wrong turns.  I got to see some expensive houses and then back into traffic.  My sister called ahead for the hotel and now here we are. 


Now here I am decompressing with some of the best Mexican food I've ever had.  It's strange, Mexican food is almost always exclusively made by Mexicans.  This goes for all types of food, too!  But forwhatever reason, the closer to the boarder you get, the better it gets.  I had the same experience in Texas! 

Anyhow, I better get to bed soon as I want to begin my hike before the sun comes up!  Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment