Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 73 - 1000 Done


Cheers!  I have surpassed 1,000 miles!  Myself and a few friends walked 17.76 miles on this special day since it was Independence Day! 


Currently I'm at South Lake Tahoe which is about mile 1,090 or so.  It's a few mile hitch off trail.

The High Sierras are over!  Which is sad because some of the best days on the trail were chilling at 9,000 feet.  


The best day easily, was when myself and some other hiker trash relaxed at a lake.  There were some nice cliffs to jump off, into a warm lake below.  I think we were there for three or four hours.  We also did nine miles that day.


The High Sierras took tons of energy out of me.  My daily average was around fifteen miles.  In the desert, I could do twenty five easy.  It's the elevation man!

I also saw plent of JMT hikers. All their packs looked wayyyyyyy too heavy.  They also smelled fresh.  I'd like to have given them a shakedown but there isn't enough time!  Onwards to Canada! 



Since I'm through with the High Sierras, I'll have to put on higher mile days.  I've done back to back marathons and I'll need to keep this pace to finish on time.  It's all a mental game now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment