Monday, June 27, 2016

Day 61?

My journal is downstairs in this noisy hostel and I don't want the hassle of trying to look for it.  So the correct date might be off by a day or so.  Get this though, the fastest unsupported time is sixty two days.  I'm not even halfway done and someone a few years back would be crossing into Canada tomorrow!  I'll make it, eventually. 

The Sierras are tough!  Going through the desert, on good days I could get upwards of thirty miles.  Now, fifteen miles seems to be what I average.  I managed a few twenty plus mile days.  Another hiker named "momento" did fifty miles in twenty two hours.  The kid is crazy.  But he'll be a triple crowner at the end of this.


I managed to make it to Mammoth Lakes today.  This area rings a bell for me back to my youth.  Its famous for snowboarding and so many of the photos taken in magazines I read were from this area. I'll have to come back when it's winter.  

Summertime, this place is a mountain bikers dream.  It also looks like a place I can't afford to live in.  But it's a cool nonetheless.  The hostel, not so much.  

Hostels are cool because you can meet cool people from all over.  They are not cool because people are noisy.  Independence Day is on tv and it's a cool movie and all but the volume is way too loud.  

I'll type more details tomorrow, if I can.  I can't think straight now because I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment